iGF is pleased to announce the launch of the first Stay Active Challenge featuring Philips DirectLife; a global employee wellness competition where individual teams and companies compete to be the most active and burn the most calories.
WHAT IS THE DIRECTLIFE CHALLENGE?
A competition between teams to see who can be the most active and burn the most calories over a four month period. It’s as simple as that. Get fitter, get healthier and sustain it for four months. That’s the way to win.
HOW DOES THE STAY ACTIVE CHALLENGE WORK?
- Companies sign up in teams of 8 or 10.
- Each team member is given a DirectLife device and access to the Stay Active challenge website.
- The Stay Active challenge website has leader boards for each company and individual teams.
- From my experience there is nothing like some healthy competition to motivate you to get healthier and stay healthier. “The Directlife Challenge is a great way for companies to encourage their employees to have some fun and be more active,” says DAVID MOORCROFT, former 5000m world record holder and chairman of iGlobalFitness.
WHAT IS THE DIRECTLIFE DEVICE?
- Philips DirectLife is a small monitor you carry in your pocket, on your belt or around your neck which measures all your physical activity, no matter how small.
- The monitor connects via USB to your PC and logs you onto our website so you can check to see how many calories you’ve burned.
- Everyone in the DirectLife program has a real-life coach who will monitor your progress and contact you if they feel you need that extra push.
AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
It’s not revolutionary to say that a healthy company is an efficient company. It’s not revolutionary to say that a company is only as healthy as the individuals in it. It’s not even revolutionary to say that good health is sustainable health.
What is revolutionary is the DirectLife Activity Monitor – a revolutionary way to help you get healthy and help you stay healthy.
iGF is a leading provider of corporate health and wellness programmes. We work with companies to develop effective wellness strategies and build a convincing business case to support a more comprehensive approach to improving the health and wellness of their workforce. We combine this strategic approach with a global network of resources to offer a range of sustainable and measurable wellness services, designed to stimulate employee participation, increase performance and drive employee engagement.