Vodafone has been providing full support for machine to machine (M2M) security solutions, including alarms, CCTV, and asset tracking, for over 20 years. Today, Vodafone is one of the world’s leaders in M2M service delivery.
Vodafone’s capabilities include: global M2M platform; global M2M-specific SIM cards; a broad portfolio of M2M terminals, application and service enablement development, testing and deployment; network connectivity; and system integration — all from a single supplier, with a single contract. For the security industry, Vodafone can help customers:
- Improve security and coverage
- Reduce theft and shrinkage
- Cut installation and management costs
- Increase business insight
Security is an industry in flux. Whilst in many cases the core activities and tools haven’t changed — CCTV for monitoring and alarms for perimeter protection, for instance — technology has evolved rapidly, creating new possibilities for securing businesses and their assets against theft, fire, and other risks.
Every year, thousands of crimes against business sites and assets go unsolved, despite those enterprises investing in security infrastructure. Why? Because criminals can:
- Cut cables to CCTV cameras and alarms to disable them
- Target remote locations where it’s impractical to install phone lines to connect cameras and alarms
- Take advantage of alarms and cameras going unmonitored — according to Berg Insight, an estimated 75% of Europe’s 30 million alarms are totally unmonitored
- Target assets when they’re on trucks and vans, away from the protection of the site perimeter
To stay one step ahead of criminals, security providers need to take a new approach.
Vodafone has commissioned a white paper specifically aimed at manufacturers and distributors of security equipment, to address the step change in functionality enabled by Machine to machine (M2M) communications in three security applications: alarm systems, CCTV, and asset tracking.
To find out more about how Vodafone can support M2M security solutions globally, or how the company’s portfolio of wireless communications solutions can support your business, download the new White Paper on M2M for business security, or watch the webinar on the security industry- a wireless future increasing coverage, reducing costs and providing added value to security.